- Ad ID6199
- Posted On8 months ago
- Ad Views376
- Ad typePrivate
Field Engineer Jobs, Latest Engineering Jobs Telkom Kenya Jobs
Position: Field Engineer– Special Project
Region: Country Wide
Reporting to: Regional Enterprise Technical Field Services
Telkom Kenya has embarked on an exciting new journey of becoming a trusted technology partner that will play an integral role in the Country’s vision of becoming a digitized economy. This will be done by leveraging on its existing infrastructure and established relationships to offer a variety of services to targeted customers.
The incumbent will be responsible for achieving network availability and customer uptime KPI’s through on-site maintenance for assigned network nodes, customer links, reactive repair for network and customer faults, route inspection, ensuring the quality and continuity of the services as per the company KPIs, within the budgeted costs.
- Maintain consistent network and customer availability on assigned nodes through proactive maintenance of nodes, timely network fault resolution and route inspections to minimize impact of faults on network availability.
- Timely management of assigned faults and resolution within SLA.
- Preventative maintenance and route inspection per assigned nodes.
- Facilitation of key updates during the restoration journey to ensure customer is fully updated.
- Customer setup documentation.
- Carry out assigned tasks within the Feasibility and Implementation dockets.
- Maintain safe work environment by following HSE, engineering standards, procedures, and legal regulations.
- Keep track of individual performance and suggest initiatives to improve.
- Any other duties assigned by your line manager and Flexibility to work odd hours.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in telecommunication
- 3-5 years working in Telkom industry.
- Ability to configure Routers (e.g. Cisco, Microtik, Edge router), Switches and Firewalls.
- Demonstrate ability to calculate link budget and route design for optical link.
- Fiber training / Ability to use all types of splicing equipment and OTDR and the accompanying test gears(power meter cable identifier)
- Cisco qualifications, minimum CCNA or any other IP Network certification.
- Candidates trained on Safety at Height / Rigging will be an added advantage
- Strong organizational skills of relevant technical experience within a large national network
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SIP and experience in working with SIP providers
- Must have routing and switching experience with hands on proficiency in configuring Multivendor Routers and Switches
How to Apply
Application should be sent by 31st March, 2020. Please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.